Monday, December 1, 2008

Fabulosity.

My good friend Sam gave me the "Your Blog is Fabulous" award! I must say that this fact should go without saying, without an award, but I'm fully appreciative that someone else acknowledges my fabulosity. Haha, she's known it for years. So now I have to list 5 of my fabulous addictions and then pass it on to five others.


1. Headbands
Not just any headbands will steal my heart. It takes something fabulous, typically from the magical hair accessory department at Henri Bendel's. I love them all, particularly the ones with bows, sparkles, and big accents that sit to the side. I got four new ones this weekend - though all but one is wrapped up for Christmas.

2. "The theatahhh..."
It's an awesome predicament when there are no shows left on TDF that I haven't seen that I'm remotely interested in. I have a huge collection of Playbills stacked up from this season, and I'm not done yet. Next up is Pal Joey, Billy Elliot, Vanities, 9 to 5, West Side Story, Guys and Dolls, Hair, Shrek, and a couple of plays I still haven't seen, like August and All My Sons.

3. Christmas, the whole thing.
The music is blaring from the week before Thanksgiving until New Year's Eve. And I have quite the collection. The decorations go up promptly at Thanksgiving, if not before. Nativity scenes and snowglobes are my favorites, which is the extent of my decorations in the apartment this year, sadly enough. Shopping might have to be cut down a little bit this year, but I'm going to make up for that with sight-seeing! I can't wait for the Rockefeller Tree Lighting, White Christmas the Musical, the Gay Men's Chorus Holiday Spectacular, ice skating, and all the decorations around the city.

4. Amazing perfumes
I have a thing for scents. I mean, it's the strongest sense tied to memory, which is saying something. I have quite the formidable perfume collection, though it's been so long since I've replenished it that it's dwindling rapidly. My current favorites are Bond No. 9 Bryant Park and West Side, Miss Cherie Dior, and the one I'm getting for Christmas, Miss Charming from the Juliette Has a Gun line.

5. Gossip Girl and the New York fan mentality.
Just click here and here, no further explanation required.

Now it's my turn to bestow the award on 5 people. So I'm going to go with... Megan, Leslie, Katie, Cherilyn, and Virginia.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

you get to see a White Christmas!!! Shut my mouth!

Samantha said...

what happened to the gratuitous over-posting post?

Leslie @ Body Won't Break said...

i posted the fabulous back on my blog. just so you know. and it was oh so fabulous.


(this makes me want to break into a cheesy high school music 2 song)