Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just a quick update...

I had an amazing Thanksgiving. Here are the highlights/interesting stories:

1. My sister and I walked past the actor who plays Georg in Spring Awakening on Wednesday evening. I couldn't remember where I knew him from at first. I should have befriended him. (Or "boyfriended" him, as a friend suggested via text.)
2. Patti LuPone is craaaazy.
3. We decided against getting up at 4:00, fighting the crowd and standing in the cold to see the parade in favor of watching it on TV while eating breakfast from The Bagel Mill. We would have missed the Rick Roll if we hadn't! Besides, we'd done it in person before.
4. Thanksgiving dinner. No explanation necessary.
5. We saw the Rockettes on Friday afternoon. I will never be too old to love that.
6. Christmas windows! My favorites were at Bergdorf's.
7. I decorated for Christmas. It's not quite the spectacle I usually do, but we have a tiny apartment, so I do what I can.
8. My sister and I got last minute tickets to Equus. Insert Harry Potter/magic wand joke here.
9. We also ran like fugitives from the theater so they wouldn't accost us for taking illegal photographs in the theater. It was just during the BC/EFA auction.
10. Saturday was filled with shopping. I got some great hats, which I will bust out this week, so you just get ready.
11. Mom really wanted to eat in Little Italy, because it's amazing and they have great sangria. However, we still had wine left over when we were leaving, but the waiter insisted that we take it with us rather than letting it go to waste. So they gave us the glass, and we finished it as we walked down the streets of Manhattan. Classy.
12. I loved, loved, loved spending family time, and I was so sad to see them go.

That's it for now! I'm so excited that Christmas season is here, so more to come on that topic soon.

1 comment:

Leslie @ Body Won't Break said...

its so great to hear how happy you are, living in new york city, and having so many of your dreams come true.