Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Whispering, hear the ghosts in the moonlight.

Maybe it's because I'm a super fan of his.
Maybe it's because I blogged about the same thing just a day before.
Maybe it's because I went to the Duncan Sheik concert tonight.

But Matt Doyle's blog post definitely made me tear up a little.

--------

On a related note, the Duncan Sheik concert was what he called a "record release extravaganza party". He's been working on a new musical called Whisper House, and the new album is basically a polished demo version of the songs he has for it thus far. I'd never seen him in concert before and I must say, I love hearing him sing live. He also has something unexpectedly timid seeming about him when he's onstage, though not as a musician. Just something about the playful way he interacts with the audience, and ends songs with a simple, nearly whispered "Thank You." Oh, and the show is about ghosts. How poetic, that it all ties back in to the lyrics that make up this title. (They're from an SA song, if you didn't know.)

I met him afterwards, which was great because I missed out on that chance last Sunday after the final performance of Spring Awakening. He signed my copy of Whisper House and the Spring Awakening playbill I brought along.

I hope we get the chance to see more amazing things come from both of these very different, but also very talented men.

No comments: