Friday, November 14, 2008

Lincoln Park After Dark

**Note: I wrote and thought I posted this on Friday around 10 a.m. However, it apparently didn't work. I thought I'd post it now, so as not to deprive you. ;)

I'm sitting in an apartment in Lincoln Park in Chicago right now, being extremely jealous of the space and the price. I'm also jealous of the fact that there's a Lush and a Benefit about a block away, and a disco ball in the living room, along with a DJ booth. You know, whatever.

Let me tell you a little bit about my totally random weekend:
We're in the windy city for an RT conference. More about that later, maybe. The highlights were getting to interact with my RD in person, see everyone in my cohort, and stay at a swanky hotel of course. Not to mention making a lot of progress in planning for our campaign. And MSCI, which is too classified to go into details about on here.

Then a small group of us hung around for the evening, staying at one of the girls' friends' apartments, and having a grand ole time. We are in the cutest little semi-yuppie neighborhood - Lincoln Park. Great food, cheap wine, card games and great music make for a good time. Not to mention an 8-person slumber party. Best quote from last evening: "I want to terrorize Chicago right now. I mean burn it to the ground."

Now I'm enjoying sitting here, pausing between creating action plans to play FIFA on the Xbox, grab breakfast from the Chicago Bagel Authority, and watch a few SNL skits on YouTube. Our next move will be to catch a bus to Madison, Wisconsin, where mayhem is certain to ensue.

Don't worry, you'll get a full report.

xoxo--

P.S. 10 points for you if you know the reference for my blog post title.

No comments: