Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful.

Today's one of those days when I love living in New York City.

I rolled out of bed at 8:00, thankful for not having to do a long commute this morning. Don't get me wrong, I usually enjoy my time to sit and read/listen to my iPod/people watch/just mentally prepare for the day. It's just that it's nice to not have to worry about the process of getting ready and traveling before even starting the bulk of my day.

I threw on some sweats that I had to dig out of a box where they'd been waiting for a chill in the air to prompt their need, thankful to my mom for sending warm clothes my way. Then I plugged in my computer, synched up to the network and got started.

I'm thankful that there's an amazing bagel shop just around the corner, because that's where I went to take a break this morning. Normally my refuel break consists of chatting with the girls in the chute next to mine, or maybe even venturing down to Dunkin Donuts. But today, I got to hang out with my buddies at The Bagel Mill. I am also thankful that the one day I need to purchase a dozen bagels, they are the special for the day!

Now, this might prompt ridicule, but in the spirit of full-disclosure I'm going to go ahead and throw it out there. I am thankful for decaf coffee. I gave up caffeine for all intents and purposes a few months ago, but I was a little saddened by the thought of no Peppermint Mochas all Christmas, especially with a Starbucks such a short walk away from my apartment. However, a friendly barista gave me a friendly reminder that decaf coffee exists. So, problem solved. Now I have that warm minty goodness cheering me up while I work.

Also cheering me up is the amazing Christmas music mix. I'm thankful that God gave the artists such talent so I could enjoy the beautiful sounds of the season. If you haven't gotten your copy of this year's Carols for a Cure, you should. If you don't live in NYC and want one, let me know.

Finally, what I'm most thankful for this morning is the fact that my family will be here soon! We're going to have a great little Thanksgiving in the city - complete with the Macy's Parade, the Rockettes, lots of shopping, Christmas window displays, a Broadway show (Gypsy tonight, with Patty!), and who knows what else.

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll, in case I don't get to the blog tomorrow.

P.S. On a slightly off-topic note, what is, in your opinion, the best place to get a Christmas-y smelling candle?

No comments: