Friday, November 7, 2008

Not ready for my close-up

Yesterday, at work, they were shooting a documentary on the organization. Specifically, it was focused on an interview with our founder.

However, I guess they wanted some footage of other people within the organization, because they came by my chute and asked Julie (my neighbor) and I if we minded them shooting video of us. We said it would be fine and went about our business.

I didn't sign up to be interviewed; however, that's what happened. So my little speal on what the Recruitment Team does is potentially going to be on some documentary somewhere. Awesome. I think I managed to sound intelligent, hopefully. Then they got around to shooting the B-roll, just footage of us at our computers working. This was super awkward. Luckily, I had enough windows open on my monitors to conceal the desktop picture of Zac Efron's Rolling Stone cover. :)

Now, you should know that I spend most of my time at work with headphones on. I'll listen to iTunes, AccuRadio, Pandora, Z100, even KJ103, depending on my mood. It helps me tune out other things going on and concentrate while also not going crazy when things get mind-numbing. Anyway, on occasion I will also listen to the OU radio station, the Wire, especially when people I know have shows.

So that's what I was doing when this awkward video shoot took place. "Friday Talkternoons" was on, and I was typing away listening to them interview a band and talk about random things, as usual. It was quite unfortunate timing, however, that they switched topics right as the camera was in my face. I barely managed to keep a straight face when Kolt started telling a story about body waxing. In order to keep my composure, I hit the mute button on my computer.

All in a day's work.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Hey E, M here. I'm glad I got to quasi experience this awkward encounter with you, all thanks to google chat.

Samantha said...

I need to know the name of this documentary so I can buy it.

Megan said...

You've fallen behind on here... and I'm disappointed.