Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ooooh, we're halfway there!

In case you didn't know, I enjoy birthdays probably more than anyone I know. I think they are a huge deal, whether they are mine or someone else's, and I enjoy celebrating them.

In fact, I love them so much that once a year is just not enough. I also celebrate my half-birthday, which just so happens to be today. Honestly, I don't expect anyone else to celebrate (or even be aware of) my half-birthday, but I make a point to celebrate it myself.

This one is especially exciting, because it marks the 6-month countdown to my GOLDEN BIRTHDAY! So what am I doing to celebrate today?

First, I gave myself an extra 30 minutes of sleep this morning. Who wouldn't love that? This afternoon, I'm going to let myself drink a Dr. Pepper. I very rarely drink caffeine anymore, and I haven't had a DP since May! I'm going to take a cab home from work, especially since I need to carry home the box full of winter clothes my mom shipped me. Later tonight, some friends and I are going to the midnight premier of High School Musical 3. Technically, that happens the day after my birthday (showtime is 12:01), but if we were being serious and technical, I wouldn't be making a fuss over a half-birthday in the first place. Maybe I should incorporate a trip to Crumbs in there somehow, too. I mean, since it is my half-birthday and all.

Goodness, now there's only six months to plan my Golden Birthday events. AND to make my wish list, which all know is ever important. Right now, I'm leaning toward this. Just like Blair's. ;)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=19681181&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+2-p+1-c+-r+101323339+101287465-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+&search=1

I like this one.