Friday, October 24, 2008

The Boys Are Back

I realize that it's nearly 4 a.m. and I have to be up before 8 tomorrow and I should be sleeping. But I had to write this post while I'm still excited about it. Tonight, as I mentioned, some friends and I saw the midnight premiere of High School Musical 3: Senior Year.

Well, to be honest, it turned into a 1 a.m. screening, because they had problems with the film. We were sitting there for an hour and a half (at least) with a ton of impatient AMDA youngsters and Jonas-Brothers-psycho high schoolers who were more than ready to get their fill of Zac Efron. And the complaints let loose. We were afraid that it wasn't going to happen, which would've been highly disappointing. Rooms nearly left when we were informed that the new showtime was 1:00 a.m.

However, we were convinced to stay by an enticing offer. (Okay, being real, Kieley and Ashley were convinced to stay; Rena and I weren't going anywhere without seeing HSM3 first. I mean, we were already there way past my normal hour to be out and about during the week, so we might as well hang around and see the movie we'd made plans to see.) We got free movie passes, that can be used at any time for any movie, because of the inconvenience of waiting. And they gave us all a free drink and a free bag of popcorn. Not too shabby. Plus, we got to enjoy the amazing movie. I think I liked it more than the first one, even!

So, it looks like I'll be viewing Twilight from the cushy seats at the AMC on 84th. For free. And it seems to me that I'll be using some iTunes gift cards I've gotten in the mail to purchase a certain movie soundtrack tomorrow.

P.S. I predict that at least a couple of the songs and a ton of the choreography that I saw tonight (er, this morning) will show up in a Scandals show or two at OU this spring. Right?

P.P.S. The song title that is the title of this post was my favorite scene from the movie. So cute.

No comments: