Friday, July 11, 2008

Thank goodness for my BlackBerry.

As we're driving through New Jersey this afternoon, I turn to my right and suddenly catch a glimpse of the New York skyline. I wrote down my thoughts at that exact moment - actually, I typed them in a note on my phone - so I could share them with you. I simply thought:

"I'm here. I'm in New York City. And it's for good. I'm going to wake up every morning and be in New York City. Indefinitely. Until I so choose to leave. And I don't think that's happening any time soon." (1:45 p.m., Thursday, July 10, 2008)

Yeah, that's about right. I could give you a summary of everything that went on this first day, but I think that my feelings are adequately encapsulated in that moment.

P.S. However, I must mention that I saw Spring Awakening tonight. Finally. In some pretty amazing seats. And I've decided that the guy who plays Melchior Gbor should be my NYSF08. =)

4 comments:

kolls said...

How do you like it so far?? Which neighborhood are you in? (Obvs I don't need you to tell me your address over the Intarwebz, but like, I work near Bloomingdale's and I live in the Village) Welcome!!

LA said...

i am so so happy for you!

AS said...

Spring Awakening is FANTASTIC! We saw it this year at CMA and I can't wait to see it again! Have fun in NY!!

Jordan said...

Woo! Yeah for NYC! You're such a big deal now.

And what's with this short, brief stuff? I want intimate, minute-by-minute details of every moment since you've been there. :)