Monday, July 21, 2008

Openings, Okies, Parks and Crumbs

"All my little life I've wanted to roam,
Even if it was just inside my own home."
-Rufus Wainwright, Rules and Regulations

Days around here feel like weeks. Seriously, every day I feel like I'm doing nothing at all, yet everything all at once. It's crazy, and mostly fun. But it makes it hard for me to sit here and think of things worth blogging about, because everything runs all together in my head.

I'll start by covering the high points of the weekend:

Saturday my dear friend Amy and her mother came into t
own and visited me at my apartment. Then we made a hop/skip/jump/several transfers down to the theater district for lunch before we headed of to our respective matinees. They saw Wicked, and I went to [title of show]. I was laughing pretty much from A-D-D-D-D-F#-A --the first notes/line-- to "This is the last line of our show." I really recommend checking it out.

Sunday I had another very special visitor. I woke up in a mad dash to get down to Fulton Street, where I met Rachel and her familia for brunch. It was lovely to see her and catch up, not to mention our running hug scene in front of some hotel, which I'm sure was movie-worthy.

After I left Rachel, I headed back uptown to meet my
roommate, Ashley, and one of our future coworkers, Sarah, on the steps of the Met. We spent hours exploring, and of course I took a ton of photos, even some I was apparently not supposed to take. Oops. Ashley left the Met early to meet up with some people, but Sarah and I decided to take a little stroll through Central Park. We happened upon the Alice in Wonderland statue (the cutest thing ever!) and just enjoyed the scenery and fresh air.

Here's where our Upper East Side adventure/treasure hunt began. We decided that we were a little hungry, so we decided we'd walk around the area and find some food. Natural thought process, right? However, all of the gossip girls in the area must stay so thin because there are no friggin' restaurants to be found! After walking a couple of miles up and down, through several streets and across a couple of avenues, we finally found ourselves just about back to where we started. And we came across Crumbs, an adorable little bakery famous for its cupcakes. Seriously, try the Oreo. You'll just die. I guess it's a good thing we'd done all that walking after all, so we didn't have to feel so guilty about the cupcakes.

And you'll be so proud, because that evening I hunkered down and finished my prep work. So now I'm all set for the conference, minus a little laundry that needs to be done tomorrow. And perhaps I'll stop in for my much-deserved (and much-needed) pedicure.

I promise I'll stop the recap-of-my-day posts soon, since as of Wednesday I'll be a working girl and things will be more routine. Of course, I'll have to give you all the dish on the training conference and my new friends I'll undoubtedly make there. (People like me because I'm so humble. =P)

And since I've been on such a GossipGirl kick lately, I'll sign off like this:
You know you love me, XOXO.

No comments: