Sunday, July 6, 2008

I will find a way to [Jason Mraz] if it kills me.

Music makes my world go 'round. Seriously.

In case some of you reading don't know me as well as others, here's a list of my favorite artists:
John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Third Eye Blind, Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin, MIKA, Rufus Wainwright, Sara Bareilles, Arcade Fire, and any musical by Jason Robert Brown.

Today, my topic of conversation is Jason Mraz's new CD, "We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things." If you haven't heard this yet, you've failed at music. I'm obsessed with every song. He has the gift of melody and for the creative turn of the tongue. Seriously, I could gush on and on about how great this CD is. But you still wouldn't understand if you couldn't hear it.

So go download it. Or at least get these songs: Live High, Coyotes, Details in the Fabric, and If It Kills Me. Or, if you're really cheap, message me and I'll mail you a burned CD. Because I feel that strongly about how much you need to hear this music.

(Also, the new live Mayer CD is absolutely amazing as well. But I've filled my music obsession quota for the day.)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm kind of sad you haven't added me to your list of friends with blogs.

And yes, I've checked. Because I just updated. haha Miss you!

Jordan said...

Okay, so I definitely support your Mraz and Mayer plugs, but how dare you not mention that Relient K has a new cd out?!?!

That should have been your absolute #1 thing to mention!

Priorities, Emily. Priorities.