Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'll take "Medical Maladies" for $200, Alex.

It's no secret that I find Tennessee boring and uneventful. I guess my body decided to shake things up and/or distract me by blessing me with a curious illness. And it wasn't kidding around either; my sickness came complete with searing pain, a trip to the emergency room, lots of Loritab and a couple of shots.

At least it wasn't a spider bite, like we suspected. Turns out I have an abscess, which kind of grosses me out, so we won't talk about it. What that means for me, dear reader, is that I have to alternately soak my leg and then elevate it above heart level, take tons of pills and basically be a worthless human being until this mess goes away. I mean, it even hurts to push the pedals on the piano - how lame is that?

On the upside, I've become quite the game show connoisseur.

2 comments:

Virginia Lamb said...

OMG! who does that happen to? Just you I suppose! If you need me to, I can quit my job, sell my belongs and become your home health care nurse :) I seriously love you that much baby! I can't believe it's June and You've been gone since May. Weird.

I miss your pretty face and love you!

Samantha said...

Ew.