Thursday, May 15, 2008

Next stop, NY please.

"Gonna [start] my job and move to New York
'Cause somebody told me that's where
Dreamers should go
Gonna quit my job and move to New York
And tattoo my body with every Broadway show."
-- Sara Bareilles, Vegas

So things have moved along quite quickly. I've set up camp here in Kingsport, where I'll spend the next month or so. It feels kind of funny though. I was telling Rachel last night that I got really excited about New York for the first time yesterday once I made it here to Tennessee. It felt real for the first time, because it's the next step. I'd been pushing everything back - moving, starting my job and life in the real world - because I wasn't ready to move away from Norman and the life and friends I loved there. But now that I'm already away, I'm starting to embrace the fact that something I've dreamed about for a very long time is within my reach and about to become reality.

I got an email from the TFA Human Assets team today with lots of paperwork to fill out. Gosh, I guess it doesn't get much more real than that without actually physically being in the City. Is it completely dorky that I got really excited to fill out my forms for the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance? Pinch me now. And I was notified of my official start date - July 21. It's kind of funny that I was trying so hard to prolong the start of summer before graduation, and now I can't wait for the next month to fly by.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Emily!! I miss phi lamb.. and when august rolls around, it won't be the same with out you there! I love reading about how your doing and I know God is using you already and going to do great things in your life!
love you sister
Crystal Foree

rachel332 said...

I'm so excited!
I absolutely love you, Emmers, and I have enjoyed hermit-chatting with you also!

Samantha said...

ahhhh!!! how was the Biltmore?