Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Wars

"Twisted diamond heart, I'm the weekend warrior.
My predictions are the only things I have.

I can amplify the sound and light and love."
-- MGMT, Weekend Wars


It feels like every weekend around here is absolute non-stop craziness. There's always something going on. It's a nice change from the routine of the week: get up, go to work, stay at work until God-knows-when, come home, prepare for the next day at work, go to bed, repeat. The time frame from 6:00 p.m. Friday until bedtime on Sunday is brimming with opportunity to take in what the city has to offer, revitalize myself and to spend time with my friends, so I try my hardest to take advantage of it. I mean, really, who doesn't love the weekend?

Highlights from this one:
  • My first Rudy's experience with the TFA crowd. $7 pitchers, free hotdogs, a jukebox, and a crowd of suits unwinding. Seems pretty good to me.
  • College: The Musical. It is part of the New York Musical Theater Festival, and was pretty entertaining, if lacking much of a plot besides a party. I guess that's pretty accurate, though. Right?
  • The New York Public Library. Justin and I wandered around the extremely gorgeous, famous campus, and then checked out books from the Mid-Manhattan branch.
  • A little foray down Fifth Avenue is always welcome. And I even impressed myself with my restraint at Bendel's.
  • [Title of Show] from the second row. Amazing, of course.
  • Hanging out with the [tos] cast afterwards, and hearing about a great idea Jeff has coming up. (Check out their blog for more updates.)
  • Meeting the incredibly talented and extremely sweet Beth Leavel.
  • Junior's cheesecake. I know, it's lame that cheesecake is a highlight, but it's so good.
  • Spending a lazy, quiet day at home today, preparing for the week and packing for my trip to Norman.

(P.S. This picture is of the crowd on 44th St, waiting outside the theater where Equus is playing. They are gathered up here waiting to catch a glimpse of Daniel Radcliffe coming out of the stage door. Out of control.)

3 comments:

Samantha said...

so this picture of the daniel radcliffe fan club...were you waitingn with them...or were you passing by? ;)

Katherine said...

so when I come up to visit, would you mind sitting through TOS and Spring Awakening again??

I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samantha said...

"And if you talk about being biffels, then you should be biffel's in every other aspect of life. This includes facebook. I don't ever talk about facebook, because my etiquette on it is quite quirky."

1. Madame Morrible Monday was the title of my post. Clearly it was a bad day.
2. "I don't ever talk about facebook, because my etiquette on it is quite quirky."
3. If it was a bad day, then my rational thought patterns might not have worked as well as they should have. (Some people would refer to this as drama. I'm not some people.)
4. I'm sorry :(