Thursday, September 18, 2008

If I ever get back to Oklahoma...

... gonna nail my feet to the ground."
- Jason Boland

I'm officially one week away from being back in Norman. I'll be there from Thursday to Monday, and I just cannot wait to see all of my Okie loves. My biggest plans are just to see all of the wonderful people I miss, but there are a few things I'm looking forward to while I'm in town:

  1. OU football. I mean, hello, a-duh. My wonderful twin is selling me her ticket! My only complaint is how much the face value has jumped since last year. Ridic.
  2. The Mont. Equally obvi. Sooner Swirls and a select number of shots are the only thing allowed. I’m pretty sure I’m not drinking again until I get to Norman in anticipation of being reunited with the most magical place on earth. (This statement might be revoked, depending on the stress/celebration level after 1DL this Friday.)
  3. Phi Lamb chapter. I can’t remember what chapter is like not as an officer. And I want to see this next set of lovely ladies do me proud. (Plus there are 2 particular new Lambs I'm excited to meet, for reasons I cannot reveal on the blog just yet.)
  4. The Phi Delt house. Sorry for partyin’, and for being old balls, but it’s just too intrinsic a part of my past four years to forsake it on a return trip. Besides, I still have a toothbrush in Ross’ room.
  5. Campus Corner. Like I really need more temptation to spend money than I get on a regular basis up here, I know. But nowhere has earrings quite like Antique Garden.
  6. Driving. Dudes, I don’t even own a car anymore. How SAD is that. However, I’m still insured. Who wants to let me behind their steering wheel? Please, pretty please?
  7. The local food. I’ll just list off a few places, and we can take it from there: CafĂ© Plaid, Raising Cane’s, BJs, Ted’s, Mr. Goodcents, Eskimo Sno, Classics.
  8. The North Oval. This is my favorite place on all of campus. I miss walking across it on sunny, lazy Friday afternoons after choir. You know what I’m thinking? A picnic at the Spoonholder sounds like a wonderful plan.
  9. Good old fashioned Southern hospitality. And normalcy. Don’t get me wrong, I love the weirdness of NYC and (especially in my neighborhood) people are actually quite courteous, but there’s just a different brand of “nice” in Oklahoma.
  10. My people. You know who you are. Whether it's PLBD, Plastics, Spice-Up-Your-Life, or various other biffels, I'm so excited to see you. (And I'm totally stopping by PSS and Student Life, because I just can't stay away.)
That's all I've got for now, people. You should be so proud, too, a post a day for the past few days. Even I'm impressed.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm as proud as a pumpkin!!

mere... said...

i'm counting down for you too...cannot wait to get me some em!