Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

I suck at updating lately, apparently.
But you know what didn't suck? Yesterday.

The morning threatened to bode a less-than-great day. Bad hair days + running late + a gross yogurt cup from Amici = Not a fantastic morning. And then it rained, which you'd think would make this day go from blah to blech. But not for me.

My mood is often very contingent on the weather, and of course sunny days are the best, while hazy gray days are the absolute worst. But I love it when it actually rains. (Especially on occasions like yesterday, when my hair was already worthless and I was safely indoors.) I particularly love the rain when I'm having a so-so to bad day. Its cleansing qualities are unmatchable.

So I sat here at my adorable desk, being productive and listening to the steady thrum of the raindrops on the windows. And, almost like magic, the potential for a no-good-very-bad day washed away. I was done with all my work by 6:30, and out the door - and here's the kicker - without my laptop to do more work at home.

It had cleared up and I was in far too good a mood to just jump on a train home and sit there. So I wandered around Midtown, up and down 5th, just enjoying the summer breeze and people watching. I stopped in Bendel's to size up some handbags I'd been perusing online, scoffed at the line of tweens waiting to get into Abercrombie (wtf?), chatted with Kathy and generally meandered until I ended up on the 6 back home.

And the great day didn't end once I got home. I bought groceries for the week (for less than $20, believe it or not), cooked myself a delicious dinner while watching Olympic diving, finished Breaking Dawn and got to sleep before midnight.

I told you yesterday didn't suck. I could get used to that.

P.S. Today seems to be continuing the trend started yesterday afternoon. Here's to making it last!

P.P.S. Only a real FF like myself would use a Carpenter's song as a blog title. Oh, golly.

No comments: