Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Live high, live mighty, live righteously. ☮


"I try to picture a girl through a looking glass
See her as a carbon atom

See her eyes and stare back at them

See that girl as her own new world

Though a home is on the surface, she is still a universe."

- Jason Mraz, Live High



I feel like I should post something, but I don't know what I want to talk about, so I have a feeling this could be a pretty disjointed entry without much direction. My apologies in advance if I start to ramble.

It's officially 3 weeks until I move. That's so weird. I've been ready to go to New York since I got transplanted to Tennessee, at least internally. However, I feel like there's still a ton of stuff I need to do in order to be actually prepared. There are boxes to sort through, things to organize, paperwork to assemble, the list goes on. Maybe I should start getting up earlier in the day to get that all accomplished. And before you gloat over that concession too much, mother, I would be much more early to rise if I could freaking get to sleep before 3 a.m. At least I usually have Britan to Facebook chat with when I'm sleepless.

Another thing I need to do is find an apartment. On that front, there's good news and bad news. The good news is, I have a roommate, and she seems really great. I think we're going to get along splendidly. Plus, she's from the Sooner State, so we've got that in common. Other good news is that I had a really beneficial phone conversation with an extremely helpful broker the other day, so now I have a better picture of what we need to do. The bad news, we really can't do much of anything until we get there in person. If you know me, you know how much I love to have a plan of action, a strategy. I feel sort of like I'm going in blind at this point, and that part is kind of scary.

In other news, I continue to get information from TFA and I have quite a few preperatory items to get accomplished before we go to our big conference. And let me tell you, I can't share details, but looking at some of the info I was sent, I'm in for a job that will be extremely demanding, challenging and rewarding. I mean, I had a pretty clear idea of what I was getting into from the application process, but seeing the info and the first of my duties laid out in front of me makes it all so much more real.

I guess that's all that I'm really thinking about right now. I got another wave of homesickness the past few days, which left me dealing with bouts of the "mean reds." (If you know what movie that's a reference to, then you truly know me.) But, that's been helped by the chances to get out and enjoy the sunny weather - since my mood is so often tied to the sunshine - and the fact that there's been more human activity going on around here. I got to meet and hang with a bunch of my sister's friends tonight, and they were really awesome. And I might get to meet up with a friend of mine from OU in Myrtle Beach in the next week or so.

Ok, I told you I'd start to ramble. So I'm stopping there. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Ahem.

I told you up front my reasons were shady. And as far as me making judgements on people I've never met, that happens every day . They are called judges. ;) Fortunately for little miss Britney she has lots of money and judges willing to take it. ;)

p.s. wikipedia is starting to get really good with their facts eh?

Anonymous said...

It's ok baby...I've got a TERRIBLE case of the mean reds. I want to see you! i can't wait for october to be here

Jordan said...

I like your rambling......it reminds me of our random conversations and it helps me pretend you´re here in person. :)