Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rules for Living: Vol. 3

Today's rule for living is simple: sometimes you need to CELEBRATE!

I don't care if you're celebrating winning the lottery or a good hair day, it's important to applaud yourself every once in a while and treat yourself to some extra fun.

Tonight, we're celebrating the birth of one of my good friends up here by (gasp!) going out on a weeknight for dinner and drinks.

Tomorrow, I'm celebrating payday by... well, I haven't exactly decided yet. But it might involve a movie theater, or just crashing on the couch. (Hey, a night in can count as a celebration, too!)

Saturday, I'm celebrating the coming of spring (spring's
awakening...anyone?) by doing a thorough reorganization and clearing out of my closet. Bring in the skirts and sandals, please!

Sunday, I'm celebrating friends from Oklahoma being in NYC by going to see HAIR with them. (And I'm celebrating seeing hair by wearing a cute new outfit I got while visiting home.)

Monday, I'm celebrating the return of Gossip Girl by... well, watching it? Okay, so this one is kind of lame.

Tuesday, I plan to celebrate my Irish heritage on St. Patrick's Day by wearing green, using my fake accent and drinking a beer, but not a Guinness.

Okay, so maybe every once in a while is more like every single day. But wouldn't you rather celebrate something every day than waiting around for a big swirly special occasion?

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Here here ol chap!! Here here!