Thursday, April 16, 2009

The sun is shining, it's a lovely day...

The beauty of my job is its flexibility. I always have a ton to do, and generally work pretty long hours, but there are some nice perks. For one, I can take a little bit longer of a lunch break than usual, if I put in the extra time to get things done later in the day.

And that was absolutely necessary on a day like today. The weather is gorgeous and it feels like the city's finally waking up to spring. At lunchtime, I ventured over to Central Park to soak in some sunshine. I also got to watch a bit of softball with the Broadway Show League. My favorites from HAIR were playing 9 to 5, along with matchups pitting the casts of shows against one another in a little friendly ballgame.

Coincidentally, it's also the first game in the new Yankee Stadium today. I missed out on that one, but I'll be at a Yankees game soon, I assure you.

Nothing like watching softball in the sunshine Central Park on your lunch break to pep up the day. And shout-out to Tommar and Jay for being ballers.

Dig it, people. It was about time to let the sun shine in, for real.

And this weekend is supposed to be gorgeous, too!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

it's a perfect morning for the kids to play. But you've got lots of bills to pay!!