Friday, April 10, 2009

I can't believe I forgot to tell you this!


Guess who I met on Tuesday night? Go on, guess.

Ok, clearly you can already tell since there's a picture right here, but I'm excited to tell you that it was THIS GUY:


My friend and I won HAIR lotto because we wanted to see Jay go on for the Tribe (with the surprise bonus of Paris as Woof!), so we were in the right box. During one song, Tribe members pull people from the audience to dance with them in the aisles. I looked down and said to Mandee, "That guy dancing with Jackie looks just like Tom Hanks." To which she replied, "That's because it is Tom Hanks."

He didn't go dance on stage at the end, sadly. However, I did, of course, and Caissie pulled me up to the front to dance/sing with her for the Let the Sun Shine encore, and there was Tom dancing and smiling and sharing the loVe from his seat.

Afterwards, we were waiting at the stage door to congratulate Jay and Paris and chat with the cast, when who comes out first but Mr. Hanks himself. He didn't hang around for long, but he did stop to tell us all that he enjoyed the show. I complemented his dance moves, which he just kind of laughed at and said, "Thanks." Then some rando shouted "Bosom Buddies!" to which he replied, "Yeah... I was in that." And then he got into his car and away he went.

The cast was all star-struck when they came out. I think my favorite was John announcing that he must be infinitely more talented now that Tom Hanks had touched him. Ain't that the truth? ;)

1 comment:

Megan said...

AHHH! I can't believe this! It's like you know the cast members too... Like personally... Wait, do you? Haha