Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dear Gossip Girl,

I'm not sure what happened between us. For a while there, we had a really good thing going. My Monday nights were cleared indefinitely, blocked off for a little alone time with you. Those nights really meant something to me.

But now you've just disappeared from my life. Without so much as a phone call. A text message even? I mean, I know we took a little break over the holidays, and what happens in different area codes... well, I thought we both agreed to put that in the past.

You made promises to me of things to come - things like a Blair and Nate reunion, things like a return appearance from Jonathan, things like Serena and Dan finally being dunzo. How can you make promises like that and then just run away from something so special?

You tell me you'll be back on March 16. March 16? What could you possibly be doing for over a month that would keep you away from my loving embrace? Please tell me it's not another woman. Or worse, Aaron Rose.

I wish you would spare me this heartache and come back to me soon. I don't know if my heart can handle the distance for nearly another month. Please don't leave me in despair on my Monday nights. Though, you know that through it all, when you do finally return to me, I will be ever faithful and true.

Perhaps absence makes the heart grow fonder, but you already know I love you.

XOXO-
Emily

4 comments:

Laurenwp said...

Hahaha! Seriously! I've succumbed to watching the Bachelor! GG left me no choice...

AS said...

This is just ridiculous and rude. How dare they! And like LP, I have also been forcing myself to watch the Bachelor and I'll probably have to start filling my time with the new season of Dancing with the Stars (sigh)

Kelsey Claire said...

That is an amazing post! I don't watch GG, but I think I might have to start.

Megan said...

Ugh. No kidding. I want to know what happens to Chuck and if that nanny disappears, etc. And of course Nate and Blair!!!!!