Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm trying to think of interesting ways to update you, dear reader(s), on what is happening in my life lately without sounding like a broken record, because I really have done a lot of the same stuff this past week, but I'm drawing a blank.

I'm working at going out less, especially during the week, and going to fewer "events", though that's almost impossible in the next few months with all the cabarets and shows coming up. I also kind of failed at that this week. Going to Therapy (a HK gay bar) on Tuesday was definitely worth it, though, to hear Matt (this guy) sing "My Man" and be generally looser than I'm used to seeing him. We even got him to dance with us to "You Can't Stop the Beat" when they played it - of course L and I know all the choreography. Please. It's actually been a week full of Matt run-ins, since we had a good long gossip session while walking home from work (for him) and shopping (for me, L and S) on Saturday night, too.

And one of my other Ls came home from being out of the country, so having do-nothing-but-curl-up-on-the-couch-and-watch-Toddlers-and-Tiaras time was wonderful. And there were cupcakes involved, which is always always a good thing.

OH, and thanks to my wonderful aunt, uncle and cousins, I had a gift card to the Colony, which I used to purchase this: The Judy Garland Souvenir Songbook. My friends have decided I need to use one of these songs to audition for the non-eq Wizard of Oz tour and/or American Idol. Ha.

I'm going to finish out this lovely day off by doing nothing but laundry and lounging. I might even venture to Amy's Bread for a snack later, but let's not get too crazy. I have lots of interviews to conduct this week at work, and no major plans for the weekend yet, which means the possibilities are wide open (though we are probably going to Rockwood on Friday for the third week in a row, and post-Rockwood karaoke was suggested). Suggestions are welcome.

<3

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Hello!
I'm glad you're blogging again. I enjoy reading.

I'm still very envious of the events you attend.

Hope your week goes well and you meet houston-bound hopefuls!